Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My latest creation


A friend of mine contacted me last week to create invitations for her daughter's 13th birthday party at a park. I asked for a theme, and she said "cupcakes!" Yay! Then I asked for the daughter's favorite colors. She said "purple, pink and green" Yay again! I love those colors too!

So I quickly whipped up 2 prototypes. One flat card with a purple and white checkerboard border, with the info, and room to "pop up" a cupcake paper piece from cricut. The second prototype that I whipped up was a scallop card, with white paper circles with a cupcake on one side, and the information on the other.

My friend chose the scallop card.

I'm really happy with the way these turned out. I was able to use my cricut and stickles! I was stressing off of how to print out the information and cut it into a circle. But I solved that problem by buying a Making Memories Circle cutter. And while I don't think that is the easiest tool to use, it definitely did the job. Any one have any suggestions on a better circle cutting tool?

Hope you like them! I love the way they turned out!

Contact me for any invitation/card needs :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, whoever ordered these had some great ideas! I love them! =P

    ReplyDelete